- This year, with the recent risks due to COVID-19, we have to decided to host the Mama Goose Run virtually. 100% of all proceeds will donated to the Cancer Carbone Center in honor of Peggy Giesfieldt.
Anyone who registers through July will receive a tshirt. Please consider registering today!
- This year's Mama Goose Memorial 5k Run/Walk will be held virtually, and all proceeds will benefit the UW Carbone Cancer Center will take place during August 2020. It was founded in honor of Peggy Giesfeldt, who tragically lost her long battle to sarcoma in 2009.
- Proceeds will benefit the University of Wisconsin Cancer Carbone Center for cancer research in Madison, WI in honor of Peggy "Mama Goose" Giesfeldt, where she received much of her treatment during a seven-and-a-half year battle with sarcoma.
- Peggy's son Matthew founded the memorial 5k run/walk in 2009 to help raise funds for cancer research and let her spirit live on. The nickname "Goose" is a play on their last name. Pictured above: Matt and Kari Giesfeldt with their 2 daughters, Orla and Meara.
- Click to see race director Matt Giesfeldt speak about the event on WKOW Channel 27's Wake Up Wisconsin on Tuesday 8/5/14!